I came across this post by David Hirsch from Network Voice and DATA in NY who really said it better than I can myself. Below are 8 facetious reason why you would want a hosted phone system form someone who works with them,
“I can give you some true reasons why you need hosted VOIP (Phone system).
- you would like to pay 50 to 150% more than you will if you have CPE and carrier services and management.
- you like the cool sounding effect of jitter and delay on your phone calls.
- you enjoy having your network decide when your completed calls end
- you enjoy not being able to make and receive calls on a regular basis
- you enjoy having your hosted provider take ownership of your telephone numbers and letting them decide weather you can keep them when you switch providers
- you enjoy putting all your eggs in one basket and trusting one entity for all your voice and data communications
- you enjoy calling the hosted provider’s customer service to ask them about what you can do about above problems and having them tell you to contact your ISP, It’s not our problem
- you enjoy putting your business at risk and loosing your job for making an uninformed rash decision
If you expect freedom to choose and shop your phones, your management interface your carrier access, who can manage your system, the newest and most up to date and continuously updated features and applications, you will quickly cast out every hosted provider.”
Todays in house IP PBX systems are very affordable and get around all of the problems described above. We would be happy to provide more details!